The Anglers Rest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A quick catch up.

4 posters

Go down

A quick catch up. Empty A quick catch up.

Post by Want to catch Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:24 am

A quick catch up as haven't heard from anybody for a while.

Fished boat out of Portishead last Sunday. Did my back in when picking up bag in the harbour so was not the best trip as was not very mobile! Codling to 3 1/2lb caught, rays and doggies. Only bite I had was on downtide rod when trying to sort birdsnest on uptide rod so missed it- typical.

Off work Monday due to severe back pain- you know what it is like Tony! then got to chiro's on Tues AM to discover have problems with the fluid between the bottom vertebrae pushing out onto the nerve but hopefully building up muscles will compensate for that?!? Apparently that is why I had less problems when playing lots of cricket and rugby.
Back to work Tues PM, back still sore and feeling every small stone on the road when cycling around!

Off work next week on leave. Meant to be sorting allotment, garage, sheds, house, fishing, etc but the weather and my back will reduce what I can do. Guess it will mean more fishing though! Been told looking at wedding venues on Saturday- can't wait????

Neap tides soon so will allow longer sessions and more worthwhile when I get the train and bus to venues. Still want to try for those carp, pike and chub in the river and lakes by me though!

Anybody doing anything interesting?
Want to catch
Want to catch

Back to top Go down

A quick catch up. Empty Re: A quick catch up.

Post by alanc1963 Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:44 am

Get better soon mate, i have been there and fully sympathise with you.
Unlucky on the boat trip, next time will be your day!
alanc1963
alanc1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Want to catch Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:36 am

Thanks mate.

Let's hope so with the next boat trip.

Saw your boat Anne Claire on TV the other day. Something to do with massive conger's being caught. Was a reconstruction as there was only 2 anglers on board plus the skipper and his mate and what are the chances of catching a massive conger to order???
Want to catch
Want to catch

Back to top Go down

Post by alanc1963 Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:27 am

Missed the program mate.
Kev the skipper of Anne Clare did tell me about it though, apparently he did catch the congers while out with the film crew.
Don't suppose you know what the program was called Alex.
And what channel it was on.
alanc1963
alanc1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolly T Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:28 am

know that pain only to well Alex, i have found though lately with my boxing training twice a week, it seems to be helping build up my core muscles and touch wood all is doing well, I found chiros not much good in that dept as they cant push fluid back in, but they do like taking your money, At least you managed to get out on the boat and have a play, well done, as i said hopefully end of november time i will try and get out on boat hopefully more cod around then, but for now a few shore trips around the channel are in order i think for a while, on my side of things the garage is moving on great guns at the moment and we have an exchange date of 23rd nov now if it was straight forward garage would have been cut and dry by now but with change over of mot autherisation for cars and bikes, loads of more paperwork involved, all be worth it in the end i hope,
Jolly T
Jolly T
Admin

https://arfs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Zed Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:51 am

My life has been work work work atm.

Spent a good 10 hrs in a and e last night as my brother decided to drop a lung Rolling Eyes in the 8 hrs we were waiting to be seen, it had repaired itself Very Happy

Got alot of work to do around the home now, cleaning garage out, getting rid of clutter. Then hopefully thisll allow me more time fo rsome fishing one day, have been spending alot of time being the family man as work sems to have taken up alot of the other time atm.

Hope everyone is doing well and ill be able to join you chucking out leads again soon Very Happy
Dr Zed
Dr Zed

Back to top Go down

Post by Want to catch Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:40 am

Sorry Alan, can't remember channel but may have been on sky one?

Think programme was something like world's greatest catches or scariest fish or similar? I know they also caught great whites from the shore!

Got a load done last week but still loads to do, will be good when finished garden, house and allotments and then can spend some decent time fishing again this winter. Garden starting to look more like a mini small holding now.

Got 2 fishing sessions in. 1 after that pike and the chub with a few line bites but nothing else and one on the lake and all I had was 1 perch........ at least I beat my 5 sesson blank! I forgot, also had a moorhen which was not much fun!

Starting to think the same with the chiro, she does love taking the money and repeats the same things each visit, but I guess that is to compare flexibility with previous weeks? However, I am sure most of you would not mind her running her hands over your body!

Back seems to be on a recovery. Cycling is now possible without wincing over every little bump now! Like Tony says, need to do some more core strength stuff again. Did a load of outdoor stuff last week rather than being stuck in a chair all day and felt a lot better. Could do with another month of it tho rather than being stuck in here! Only problem is it doesn't pay the bills yet until I have my farm.............evertually in 100 years time!
Want to catch
Want to catch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolly T Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:15 am

im gonna try a local trip this sun alex for a few hours if you can sneak out for a bit, ladye bay or somewhere, i did hear that if you venture further down from the ledges that there is slightly deeper water and not so snaggy, so its a tempting thought, speciallyt as there are rays, bass, and cod showing, not to mention the snotty little whiting
Jolly T
Jolly T
Admin

https://arfs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Want to catch Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:33 am

Thanks for invite but not likely to be able to get out unfortunately. Would have loved to have gotten out tho.

Have family get together which is taking up whole of saturday and need to move brewing stuff which is currently filling the garage and kitchen preventing those rooms from being tidied properly as I am constantly being told and build and paint the other one.
Want to catch
Want to catch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down