braid yes or no

Post by bigport on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:00 am

you decide.......??????

Last edited by bigport on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
bigport

Back to top Go down

Re: braid yes or no

Post by alanc1963 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:33 am

Only for boat fishing, and maybe spinning, but i have heard it is more prone to wind knots if spinning.
I get on fine with mono even on the boat and don't think it is worth the extra expense.
alanc1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolly T on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:51 am

well i wasnt a believer of braid myself, but having looked in to it decided to give it a go on the boat reels, having tried it i will never go back to mono now from the boat, firstly i found that being a slimmer diameter that there is less tidal pull on it and there fore less and i say less chance of tangling up with other lines also being less drag on it you can use smaller weights, and also you can feel any tiny knock on it too as in bites etc, also another advantage is also having less stretch you can pull any fish out of a wreck easier and quicker whereas with mono stretch you have to reel in more to take out the stretch giving the fish time to get back into the wreck, however shore fishing is a different thing as Alan said it can be prone to wind knots unless you buy the more expensive stuff which is slightly more stiffer, in general braid lasts a lot longer than mono so it needs to be changed less frequent so to work out costings over a period of time it can almost work out to the same cost on an annual basis, one advantage to braid shore fishing with braid is if you are caught up in weed it can slice through it easier so less tackle losses, the other thing of course being again as it is thinner it can help to be able to add those extra yards on a cast, but as said for shore fishing the more expensive braids are better.

To sum it all up as far as i am concerned braid is a lot better, but personally i will use braid from a boat but probably not from the shore.
Jolly T
Admin

http://arfs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Want to catch on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:00 am

I agree with the points above.

When my mono has worn out for my boat reels, I will be replacing it with briad.
Want to catch

Back to top Go down

Post by bigport on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:57 am

so now it's what one and how much should i spend??

1, spider wire....??

2,£25-£30......???

T.I.A...wayne
bigport

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down