The Anglers Rest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

we have a winner

+4
Jolly T
Cocker
bigport
bazzturd
8 posters

Go down

we have a winner Empty we have a winner

Post by bazzturd Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:44 am

congratulations to wayne for winning the first annual rnli comp at oddicombe last night. best fish of the night went to wayne also with a nice bass of 6.2lb. runner up was alex, closely followed by our intrepid leader tony. great night had by all and some good money raised for the rnli. also in attendance were alan, barry, colin, matt, and the chuckster. for a small group of 12 people of which 8 turned out was in itself a great achievment, many thanks to all who donated raffle prizes for this event, especially exeter angling centre for the first prize which was a fishing smock valued at £60, and to all the people who sponsored individuals for the event. big thanks to tony and alex who came down from bristol and clevedon at great expense to themselves and equally to those who didnt travel that far. so in conclusion, a great night, calm seas and a big full moon for company was enjoyed by all.......pictures to follow
bazzturd
bazzturd
Admin

Back to top Go down

we have a winner Empty Re: we have a winner

Post by bigport Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:04 am

well what can i say ,after month's of blanks and poor show's on the fish, havnt realy got in to it this year ,maybe this will turn the gas back on for me ,,thanks to all who turned up and made this happen
perfect night for bass and there it was bang out of no where took the the rod out of the rest and steamed off down the beach, got the heart going,must say a big thanks to alan because if he didnt put so much effort in to fishing that place i would never go there,must check other rod to see if i smashed any rings when i launched it
half way down the beach...lol it was funny aftawards,in all i think a very good night with loads of fish being caught ,and alex put so much effort into fishing and caught so many fish i feel i cheated him out of first place
but thats fishing ,,,so i have a new pb@ 6.5 (bazz).grate attendance, and here are some pics..thnks to E.A.C
for the smock ...wayne
we have a winner Img_0610

we have a winner Img_0611

we have a winner Img_0612

we have a winner Img_0613

we have a winner Img_0614

we have a winner Img_0615

we have a winner Img_0616

we have a winner Image012

we have a winner Img_0617

we have a winner Img_0618

oh and thanks for the raffle prize lads just what i allways wanted ......lol......ps i think i will give oddi the thumbs up i always liked the place just never had anything to boast about down there BUT WILL NOW....cant stop thinking about it i know shut up wayne but its the only fish this year i have to boast about ..lol cheers
bigport
bigport

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocker Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:08 am

Nice fish. Are you sure you were at oddicombe ? Wink

Cocker

Back to top Go down

Post by bigport Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:29 am

over and up to 50 fish caught cant belive it....good old oddi....i love the place..
bigport
bigport

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolly T Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:03 am

Wayne you desreved it, you worked hard at trying to find that big fish while the rest of us were playing with those little snots, and it paid off, got to feel sorry for alan who lives down the place looking for that bass,suppose he will have to give up now you caught it lol.
all in all i think you can give your selves a big pat on the back not only was it a good night all round there was also plenty of money made for the rnli, lets find some more new members and see if we can make it an annual event.
Jolly T
Jolly T
Admin

https://arfs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Zed Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:43 pm

Congratulations wayne and well done to everybody else who contributed to a good cause, well done guys cheers
Dr Zed
Dr Zed

Back to top Go down

Post by alanc1963 Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:42 am

Well done Wayne, no hard feelings, Bxxtxxd.
lol
Seriously a real well done to you mate, as Tony said you went down there tageting that fish.
And it was the biggest fish i have seen coming out of Oddicombe, and i have seen a few.
And well done to everyone else for making it a superb night with 8 different species and no one blanking.
I will be back down there tonight using the rest of the rag up, and targeting your bass's mother. lol

Last edited by alanc1963 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
alanc1963
alanc1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Want to catch Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:20 am

Well done all, was a good night and some decent money raised.

Wayne that was a great fish and well deserved with as you targeted it with that bait.

I think Tony caught more than me, but I was lucky with that wrasse, that temporarily collapsed my stabilised tripod almost dropping the rods on my head in similar fashion to your bass when I was baiting up the next trace! That was one hell of a lot of power for a 1lb wrasse as it did not feel like anything was on when winding in until 10 metres out when the wrasse and the poor cod showed thereselves.

or i hooked your bass and lost it but the other fish stayed on the hook.....Damn.

I suppose the tripod problems we both had was due to the lack of ability to dig the tripod legs into the pebbles.

3 more species for the year now so well happy and was chuffed to see a decent bass being caught.
Want to catch
Want to catch

Back to top Go down

we have a winner Empty bass

Post by chuck Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Well done wayne glad you caught your bass at last
and you beat mine at last well it took 12 months to do it LOL.
It was great to see all the lads at the comp, great nights fishing.
Well done again wayne. Cool
chuck
chuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum